Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Rose Garden



I began this quilt in 1996 after a trip to visit Mom and Dad.  I wanted to do a predominantly white quilt, and picked out some fabrics when I was there. 

I had just finished the cross stitch roses in the center and thought they would be a nice contrast.








Unfortunately, the quilt didn't go as planned.  I was nearly finished with the piecing, the white area was small pieced hearts, and was just beginning to quilt when I discovered a couple of the fabrics were unraveling.  Discouraged I put the quilt away for many years, eventually replacing the white hearts with white stripes and finishing it in 2014.


Medallion.jpg

Eighteen years after it's beginning it became one of my favorites.  It spends much of the summer on my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment