Monday, May 29, 2023

NHL - Coso Rock Art District


The Coso Rock Art District, a 
National Historic Landmark deep in the U.S. Navy's testing station at China Lake, contains one of America's most impressive petroglyphic and archeological complexes. The 20,000 images already documented surpass in number most other collections, and the archeological resources are remarkably undisturbed.




The pictures here were taken by my Dad during our years in China Lake, long before the area became a National Landmark.  I feel certain I saw some of these areas, but we left China Lake when I was six and I can't be sure.  I do remember day trips in caravans of Model As that probably were in search of the art works.   


NPS Coso Rock

A Guided Tour of Coso Rock Art


Coso Rock Art - Atlas Obscura

MORE PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment