Friday, September 27, 2019

Quilt Shops: Redding CA

A trip to Portland offered the perfect opportunity to visit parks and quilt stores along the way.  I stopped at a lot of quilt stores and definitely added too much to my stash!!!!

First on the list were a couple in the Redding Area.  Blue Iris in Palo Cedro was pleasant and had a nice collection, I somehow lost the picture I had of the Blue Irish Quilt that had been made for the shop.  

The Sewing Room in Redding was one of those where you can spend the day!!  It is run like a collective, with various sections of special wares.  I couldn't resist a ruler holder, hand made by an 85 year old man who was selling them for a fraction of what they could have brought in the SF Bay area.  Then there was the section of hand dyed material.....being sold at again a fraction of their worth, as the dyer was closing out her wares.  

Although I walked away with a pile, my purse was not empty!!!




Crafter's Mall: the Sewing Room
2665 Park Marina Dr, Redding, CA 96001
(530) 246-2056
https://www.facebook.com/The-Sewing-Room-Quilt-Shop-157455874326578/

No comments:

Post a Comment